This recipe is ideal for the weekend as it does not even take an hour of your time merely takes 12 ingredients and is packed with proteins and has a low carb count. This recipe has the beautiful tastes of North Africa.
Total time: 45 minutes
1/4 cups nonfat yogurt plain (or low-fat)
1/4 cups fresh parsley (chopped)
1/4 cups chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1 pound center-cut salmon fillet (cut into 4 portions, see Tip)
1 lemon (cut into wedges)
1. Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Place salmon fillets in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining herb mixture, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the bag over once.
2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess. Grill the salmon until browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side. To serve, top each piece with a dollop of the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
• Tips: Keeping the skin on when grilling salmon helps hold the fish together and protects the delicate flesh from the searing heat. Once cooked, the skin slips off easily.
• To oil a grill: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
• Fish on foil: Fish that flakes easily requires a delicate touch to flip on the grill. If you want to skip turning it over when grilling, measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
(source: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/248786/grilled-salmon-with-north-african-flavors/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly )