1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Open the tin and drain the Lucky Star pilchards, reserve the tomato juice. Set aside.
3. Heat up the oil in a large non stick frying pan on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until golden. Add the garlic and curry powder and sauté for a further 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the reserved tomato juice and reduce the contents until it becomes a thick sauce, stir continously to avoid burning and sticking.
4. While the sauce is cooling after cooking, line a greased oven proof dish with the puff pastry.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well combined.
6. To build the quiche, first place a layer of the sauce at the bottom then top with a single layer of the Lucky Star pilchards. Pour the egg and cream mixture on top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and crispy and the egg and cream mixture is cooked through.